Blog Archive

Sunday 11 September 2011

Welcome to Year 3

Hi to all who have been following the ramblings of a mad woman for the past two years. I have again committed myself to another year in this crazy city that I call home and am coming to love (in a mad sort of way).

Peter and I have been back for over a fortnight now and it seems as if we have never been away. Once more we are throwing ourselves into life here.


Last year Peter and I went to the Military tattoo. As Peter was walking to the metro from work he came across the dressing rooms. A novel way to use portacabins???
Not sure what the military tents were for - more accomodation? Sorry a new camera and the photos have date and time on which I haven't learnt to turn off.

Yesterday Peter invited me to go to Scouts at the Anglo American school. A charity fun had been organised and one of the Eagle Scouts put a 'penguinathon' on the back of it. A few hardy souls ran 5km, did push ups and sits ups, swam xxxx lengths and rode a fixed bike for 10 minutes.

Getting organised outside the main entrance

Warming up

And they're off

Sit ups and press ups

Then the swim
And the final bike ride
It was interesting to see where Nicolette works and where so many of our children end up. Nice school, but I'm happy where I am.

I have taught Sunday school and choir starts on Tuesday. At school I have a lovely new class - several characters, but what's new. Sadly one new member of staff didn't make it so I seem to be the senior teacher on site.

As I sign off from the first missive it is heaving with rain and autumn seems very near.

No comments:

Post a Comment